FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT IS AFTER PROM?
- The event is a community-sponsored, safe and fun-filled evening following the Boulder High and Fairview High Junior/Senior Proms. Our goal is to provide students with a memorable Prom and After Prom experience and arrive home safely. After Prom was developed by concerned parents and administrators after a series of tragic alcohol/drug-related accidents claimed the lives of eleven Denver/Boulder Metro area teens in 1995. This event is not just a party; it is a drug and alcohol-free alternative to unsupervised home and hotel parties.
WHO CAN ATTEND?
- All juniors and seniors from Boulder and Fairview High Schools and their approved guests (as per school policies) are welcome to attend. Students need not attend Prom to come to After Prom. All are welcome and feel free to come solo, with your friends or with your date.
WHERE IS AFTER PROM?
- The event is held at East Boulder Community Center, 5660 Sioux Dr. Boulder CO 80303. Each year the Community Center is transformed into a magical event venue. This year's theme is Oh, The Places You'll Go!
WHAT TIME IS THE EVENT HELD?
- The event will take place on April 28 -29, 2018 from 11:30pm -4am.
HOW DO I GET TICKETS AND HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
- Tickets are $7.50 in advance (2 tickets for $15) or $10 cash only at the door.
- We strongly encourage students to purchase their tickets online on this website as of April 1 through April 27th at 3PM.
- You must print your receipt and bring it with you to the door.
- Tickets will also be sold at Boulder and Fairview High Schools on Friday April 27th during all lunch periods. Cash and checks made out to Fairview Boulder After Prom will be accepted.
- Students who have their printed receipt/ticket and ID will be able to enter quickly in the “Express Line”.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING TO GET IN?
- Bring your student ID and printed ticket receipt.
- Students will NOT be admitted without student ID.
- Once students have entered the event, if they choose to leave, they will not be readmitted.
WHAT CAN I BRING INTO AFTER PROM?
- You can bring in your phone, ID and ticket. All other items should be left at home or in your car or can be checked at the coat check. Large backpacks are not allowed. We encourage students to change clothes prior to entering the event.
WHAT DO I WEAR TO AFTER PROM?
- Most students change out of their prom attire before coming to After Prom. Comfortable casual clothes are the norm but if you want to come in your prom attire feel free to do so.
WILL THERE BE ADULT SUPERVISION?
- Yes, we will have close to 300 adults helping at the event. We have jobs leading up to the event including ticket sales and set up as well as the night of the event. In addition, we will have police and fire personnel on site to ensure everyone’s safety. Our intent is to provide students a safe place to enjoy the evening.
WILL THERE BE FOOD AND BEVERAGES?
- Yes, we will have plenty of food and beverages for students to enjoy. These items are donated by our generous restaurant/grocery community. Please see our sponsors page to get an idea of the variety of restaurants/grocery participants.
WHAT IS NOT ALLOWED AT AFTER PROM?
- Outside food and drink along with alcohol, drugs or tobacco or any type of weapon are not allowed at After Prom.
WHAT TYPES OF ACTIVITIES WILL THERE BE?
- The event strives to provide an fun and safe evening designed to keep students engaged. Some of the activities include:
- Café with food and DJ
- Casino with Poker, Black Jack and Craps
- Ping Pong, Air Hockey, Face Painting, Photo Booth, Henna Tattoo, Tarot Card Reading, Arcade Room, Inflatables and other games and activities
ARE THERE PRIZES AND HOW DO I WIN?
- All students attending can enter the raffle. At the end of the evening, one lucky senior will win a car provided by Flat Iron Subaru. Two lucky juniors will win a Flat Screen TV. Students must be present to win at 3:30 am.
- Students can also play casino games to earn casino cash that can be redeemed for a wide variety of amazing prizes. Everyone will take home something!
WHAT OPTIONS DO I HAVE FOR GETTING THERE AND HOME?
- Because it will be a late night, we encourage parents to arrange to pick their students up at 4am. We also encourage students to download the Lyft and Uber Apps. If your student will be taking a group bus or limo to the Prom, we encourage students to stage their car at East Boulder Community Center. If your student is driving home we encourage you to discuss safety with them prior to the event; everyone is tired at 4am!
WHERE DO THE FUNDS TO PUT ON AFTER PROM COME FROM?
- After Prom has a budget of approximately $50,000. To raise these funds we rely on our parent, business and civic community whose generous donations enable this evening to be so successful and engaging for our students! After Prom is grateful for their support and we encourage you to visit our sponsor page, see all of the generous businesses and organizations that help make this event possible, and thank them through your support and patronage. We request a parent donation of $40 per family to support this important event and rely on ticket sales for a small portion of our budget. If you would like to donate, please go here.
CAN PARENTS SEE THE EVENT SPACE BEFORE THE STUDENTS ARRIVE?
- Parents, friends, neighbors and siblings are welcome and encouraged to come see the amazing Oh, The Places You'll Go! Decorations and set up at the East Boulder Community Center from 7-9pm on Saturday April 28th. Refreshments will be served.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us.